29 June 2006

The New Basics

The class of 2010 is here.
And the Cadre have been getting ready.
They woke me up one morning practicing their speeches.
I was on the top bunk so I hit my head and nearly fell.
Yes,
I’m still a little jumpy about all that.
Just like Revile.

I watched a few of the pour off the buses during my break between classes.
I recall it being louder and more intense than that.
Instead of saying I had it harder,
I’m just going to assume that the adrenaline rush makes a big difference

And I got greeted today.
That felt really odd.
After years of greeting Upperclassmen with “Good afternoon sir, Fighting Bulldawgs!”
I got a “Good evening sir, Aggressors lead the way.”

Yeah, that was weird.
I’m no longer the bottom of the food chain.
I think I’m going to like this,
But it’ll take some getting used too.

3 comments:

~*Joyzey*~ said...

Only a little. You'll love it in no time at all! lol

Meghan said...

Hey, being off the bottom of the food chain has got to make up for more than that! I mean it means you made it! You are going to make it!

=D

TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

Good point,
I was tired when I wrote that.
I guess it just feels like years.

Yes,
I'm involved with Officer Christian Fellowship